This December and January, kids will be coming together during those months to learn and have fun at our holiday camps. We have just the boredom-busting, confidence-building, communication-strengthening camps to keep your kids happy and engaged.
ESL (English as a Second Language) Winter Camp
Jump start your child's confidence as they leap into the new year! There will be no shortage of fun in December and January.
The week-long winter adventure will be a language immersion camp that explores English for communication and writing. Our language activities are carried out in an international community environment that encourages winter campers to be active in learning and communicating as they meet kids from all around the world.
To secure a spot for your child, here is the timetable information on our end year intake
• thematic themes apply to the weekly english camps
• each weekly camp seats 15 students at most
• snacks and lunch is included daily
• ESL camp welcomes children aged 6 years and above
Learning a language should be more than by-the-book experience but branches to develop a child's imagination, open them up to critical thinking skills and improve their interpersonal communication abilities. Because of that, we have planned our French language learning camp to include fun activities on art, music, drama, science experiments, DIY and group games.
Students will also discover the different aspects of French culture and most importantly, food!
• each weekly camp seats 16 students at most
• snacks and lunch is included daily
• Holiday in French camp welcomes children aged 7 to 9 years
Kiderprise Camp - Cafe Edition
From achievement to readiness, get your kids on board a holiday camp that will spark an entrepreneurial fire in them. We train them up in the ways of tackling professional projects from drawing up business plans, teaching financial literacy then to deciding and working towards goals which all leads to earning them a badge in entrepreneurship. The program comes in full circle with a hands-on experience where at the end of it, kids will set up booths to sell the goods or services they have created.
Throughout the camp period, kids can expect to go through the following
• explore purpose and passion
• understand attitude, character and confidence
• familiarize with customers
• plan financially
• solve problems
• think critically
• creativity and marketing
• sign up before the end of November 2018 to take RM100 off this holiday program, RM788 (RM888 usual price)
• this program welcomes children aged 10-14 years
SuperBrain is BACK!
Get those little fingers ready for some detailed handmaking activities that will involve crafting, bending, creating, cutting and drilling! From engineering to inventing, kids will get to create creative and functional projects that include wooden light boxes, USB table fan, USB lights, the catapult and a hydraulic syringe.
• SuperBrain camp is an inclusive camp that welcomes children aged 7 years and above
• snacks and lunch is included daily
The art of visual storytelling through filmmaking
In collaboration with The Hive Collective, xSpace is proud to present to you and your kids an immersive camp with experienced filmmakers and video experts. Here's your child's chance to break into the foray of professional filmmaking where over six days, they will plan, shot and edit video content.
The expected schedule over six days will be
• Introduction to the workshop
• Legalities of Filmmaking
• Groups are formed
• How to tell a story
• Client Briefs are given
• Video crew roles
• Editing Introduction (Think for the editing room)
• Camera Operation Introduction
• Microphone Introduction
• Lighting Introduction
• Students start filming their projects
• Students to bring their own props
• Editing day with mentors
• Reshoots if needed
• How to make money with digital video
• Presentation from an industry expert in the video industry
• Showcasing of storyboard, script and final video project for parents and friends
At the end of the camp, you can expect your child to have gained detailed knowledge of the aspects of film production.
• students are required to bring their laptop and video camera or smartphone with video recording features
• lunch is included daily
• Video Creator camp welcomes children aged 14 years and above
Andy teaches students of all ages with different skill levels to master the art of strumming sweet tunes using the acoustic guitar, bass guitar, electric guitar and ukulele. Student guitarists will learn a variety of musical styles, composition, ear development and finger techniques.
Since picking up the guitar at the age of 13, Andy Ngew has built up for himself experiences and exposure that has earned him an illustrious career in the international guitar scene. The professional guitarist and teacher have had a shot to be the opening act at Adam Rafferty's concert tour in Singapore (guitarist and composer for Stevie Wonder, Michael Jackson and the Beatles) and Tommy Emmanuel's concert tour in Malaysia. During Andy's outside of work hours, you will find him actively involved in the management and organization of guitar concerts within and beyond Malaysia.
• Bass Guitar is a 1 on 1 class with a flexible arrangement
• Contemporary Easy Guitar on Wednesdays 5.15 PM to 6.15 PM
• Electric Guitar is a 1 on 1 class with a flexible arrangement
• Ukelele is on Mondays, 4.15 PM to 5.15 PM
Arts and Crafts plays a significant influence on the development of neural connections and fine motor skills development in children. Children will get their chance to explore their imagination through scissors, craft paper, crayons, glitter and glue. As they are developing creativity through the use of their own hands, they develop their visual processing abilities and grow their fine motor skills.
Art 101 and Exposure To Colors
The ultimate class for beginners aged 10 and below. Children will learn various basic techniques in arts, from drawing basic shapes and adding form to coloring with different medium.
In mixed media classes, children aged 10 and below will learn to make art by using different materials, including recyclable items, which are age appropriate. Classes for students ages 11 and above will see them working with wide variety of materials including cans and wires.
Craft classes allow your children to be creative with a mix of lessons from sewing to making cement products.
Watercolor provides effects which are unique and magical. It provides a flow of colors one cannot predict and moves like no other medium. This class is suitable for those aged 11 and above.
Denise Khoo brings long years of performance and qualified experiences:
• Works with acrylic paint and watercolor
• Conducts arts and crafts classes and workshops for children and adults
• Produces sellable art goods to an audience
• Monday and Tuesday, from 3.30 PM to 4.30 PM
• Saturday, from 10.00 AM to 11.30 AM
Ballet classes will nurture your child's movement and mental growth through a structured and creative exploration class.
Large and part focused on the introduction of ballet to children through balance, movement and music.
For beginners, intermediate and advanced ballerinas, this is a comprehensive syllabus that includes proper technique, body alignment, strength, precision, turnout and extension.
For beginners, intermediate and advanced ballerinas, from traditional to the influences of hip-hop, jazz and ballet.
Stephanie Toh brings long years of performance and qualified experiences:
• Dance Galore Ballet & Music School (Jean Gan Academy of ballet & Music) - 1998 – Present
• Royal Academy of Dancing (RAD) registered teacher
• Imperial Society of Teaching of Dancing (ISTD) registered teacher
• 17 years of teaching experience.
• Ballet (Baby to Advanced), Modern and Tap.
• Dance Concert organization and choreography
• Thursday, from 3.15 PM to 4.30 PM
• Saturday, from 10.15 AM to 11.00 AM
Brazilian Martial Arts classes, Capoeira, will challenge kids in more ways than one to get fit, stay sharp and to flow with the rhythm.
Students can expect
• Coordination and development of play, music, rhythm, movement, expressions and non‐verbal communication.
• Refinement of motor skills, body awareness, dynamic movements, agility, strength, coordination and balance.
• The building of confidence, social skills and personal expression.
Master the fundamentals of drums! We guide children with technical drum exercises to set the beat, improve speed and be musically expressive through the music of various genres.
• Posture, stick handling and practice rudiments to be the driving force of rhythm.
• Trained to be familiar with backbeat, bass, snare, strokes, groove between cymbals and hi-hats.
• Learn balance, coordination techniques, beat improvisation and stylistic form approach.
Our materials cover pronunciation exercises, vocabulary development, reading comprehension, grammar arrangement and constructive listening.
• Monday, from 3.15 PM to 4.00 PM
• Wednesday, from 4.15 PM to 5.00 PM
Come learn dance aloha style with teacher Mina Kapualani! The hula dance runs deep with more than just a way to entertain. Hula imparts values on appreciating people, to respect people, things, cooperation, relationships and teamwork.
Mina was born in Japan but has lived mainly in the US, France, Malaysia and a handful of other countries. For 30 years, Mina has chosen hula as an interest she would craft out to be an expert in. She has been involved in hula competitions in Japan and Hawaii, has been performing at events, hotels, by-invite only restaurants, mall events, weddings, festivals and many others.
Class Days and Time
• Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday, from 3.15 PM to 4.00 PM
Jazzercise is one well-rounded fitness program that that is capable of burning up 800 calories within an hour of choreographing to favorite groovy tunes! Every class incorporates rounds and rounds of strength routines, aerobic movements and focused stretches on major muscle groups to keep not only your outside but as well as your inside in great shape.
Class Days and Time
• Mornings on Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, from 9 AM to 10 AM
• Evenings on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays from 7 PM to 8 PM
Make 2019 your year with Jazzercise when you sign-up for a 2-months class pass of shaping up. If you sign up before the 28th of February 2019, pay RM280 instead of RM320. Like a gym membership, this fee applies to unlimited class attendance.
An alternative to the Kiderprise Holiday Program camp, we have sliced up that program to bite size series for kids to be deeply exposed to specific areas within entrepreneurship.
• each series seats 15 students at most
Planting the love of music inside them through a complete piano learning experience: sight reading, ear training, time value and improvising music styles from classical to contemporary.
Musically trained Abigail Baskaran has had the opportunity to teach and perform on various platforms in the past 10 years. They include: Earth Tone Music, Hilton Hotel Kuala Lumpur, Gymboree Play and Music, Royale Chulan Damansara and Royale Chulan Kuala Lumpur.
Caroline Yeoh has been teaching at Yamaha Music School and providing private piano lessons from Grades 1 to 8 for over 10 years. She has prepared students for piano exams for major examining boards that includes ABRSM UK and Trinity School of London.
• 1 on 1, flexible arrangement
xSpace's Taekwondo classes incorporate techniques from various martial art styles and are tailored to prepare students with the know-how during situations of need. Every lesson will improve a child's strength, endurance and coordination as well as teaching them skills for life to be disciplined, focused, self-confidence and respectful.
The classes will teach students on
• Speed and agility
• Relaxation and meditation exercises
• Breathing control
• Mental and ethical discipline
• Respect, etiquette and self-confidence
Grand Master Michael Liew brings long years of performance and qualified experiences:
• Trained students for the past 43 years
• Was formerly a national player and national coach
• Is an international referee for Kyorugi (Taekwondo Motion) & Poomsae (Defence‐and‐Attack Motion)
Master Jacky Lim brings long years of performance and qualified experiences:
• Trained students for the past 32 years
• Was formerly a club head coach and former Kuala Lumpur State Player
• Is an international referee for Kyorugi (Taekwando Motion) & Poomsae (Defence‐and‐Attack Motion)